Tuesday, August 30, 2022

About Artoberfest

 The date of Artworks of Westfield's Artoberfest has been changed to Saturday, October 22nd. I do not have a lot of information about the event but at the last board meeting I did express the authors concerns from last year's event when we felt so isolated on the green island surrounded by whizzing traffic and visited by maybe a quarter of the community members who browsed the art and watched the performances on stage while we watched the clouds and visited with one another on the Green. I also let them know that we don't want to be in one overwhelming cluster but interspersed among the artists so people aren't  overwhelmed and distracted by so many books in one place. Literature needs to be digested in small bites-especially in this short attention span society we live in.

Anyway-I am looking to sign up authors for the event that I am hoping will be a much better experience this year than it was last year for us. I'm not sure how many authors I'll be allowed so please contact me at whipcitywordsmiths@gmail.com ASAP (it's already the end of August!! How did that happen???) so I can add you to the list I've started.

I'll try to post more info in regards to the event as soon as it's available to me!

Don't forget to read the notice of date changes for the October-December 2022 WhipCity Wordsmiths' meetings in the previous post!

Where did summer go???

No comments:

Post a Comment