Sunday, January 14, 2018

Five Stars for The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley!

Last year was the Year of the Three Star Book for me. I read a few really good books and suffered through a few "dog with fleas" publications but the vast majority gravitated towards the mean of 3.0. Don't get me wrong, three stars signifies a solid offering that I enjoyed reading but can leave me unsatiated and longing for more. The Holy Grail of this book lover is the elusive 5.0 star read.

To my great delight, my 2018 reading season has opened to the upside with a magnificent 5 STAR story ... The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti. I highly recommend this emotionally seductive and addictive tale about the life of career criminal Samuel Hawley and his relationship with his teenage daughter Loo as she matures from child to young adult in the north shore town of Olympus, MA and comes to terms with the criminal past of her father and the life and death of her mother. I experienced a few episodes of leaky eyes!

My full review can be found on Goodreads.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment