Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dark. Devious. Disturbing. Deviant … DELICIOUS!

I listened to author Tara Isabella Burton's interview on NPR during my commute home from work one day. I was intrigued ... listening to an author talk about their work adds context to the story. I added Social Creature to my voluminous "To Read" list.

When my book club buddy from eastern Ma suggested Social Creature as our next read, my response was a resounding YES!

I love this story although most folks on Goodreads HATE it ... clearly I am an outlier on this one but it is a familiar place for me. Often times I hate the titles the majority craves and love the books the majority banish to the land of one and two star ratings.

Social Creature is a dark psychological thriller with deeply flawed and interminably unlikable characters set in NYC. I loved it!

My review can be found on Goodreads!  


No comments:

Post a Comment