Sunday, February 10, 2019

Welcome to New Wordsmiths

There has been a flurry of new members signing up to join the WhipCity Wordsmiths. I am in the process of revising the membership list and should have print lists of names of members available at the next meeting. I will not give out email, or any other personal information in regards to members out of respect for our individual rights to privacy. If you want to be able to contact another member kindly ask them for a means of contact at a meeting. I leave decisions of that nature up to each individual member.

If you are not receiving any email from me it is because I don't have your email address (or lost it...I can be a little disorganized sometimes!), or that I am sending less emails in regards to meetings since Kelly established the private facebook WhipCity Wordsmiths group in January where meeting dates and times are posted. If you are not with us on facebook and would like to be, contact me at sebuffum415@gmail, or find me on facebook and friend me so I can invite you to join the facebook group.

Also, Russell Atwood at Blue Umbrella is usually able to tell you when the next meeting is or about events Wordsmiths may be involved in at the Bookstore.

Kelly will be conducting an instructional program, Formatting Your Manuscript for Self Publication at Blue Umbrella Books on Saturday, March 16th at 1:30PM. There is a $10 fee payable to Blue Umbrella Books to attend. The WhipCity Wordsmiths will meet following the program at 3PM that same Saturday.

WhipCity Wordsmith and horror author Tom Deady will be a guest reader at the recurring Ghost Stories Live! event on March 23rd. This is a ghost stories reading event hosted by Russell Atwood. There is a cast of authors who read new ghost stories and relate true life ghost stories. Russell usually reads a classic ghost story, but read one of his own stories last night. Cast members include Wordsmiths Kelly Buffum, Melissa Volker, and me. We're thrilled Tom is right jumping in for the March 23rd event!  Future GSL! events are in the planning stage-so stay tuned. If you have a ghost story you've written, see Russell and ask to be included in a future GSL!


No comments:

Post a Comment