Sunday, February 18, 2018

Susan's Surprise

I got home all pumped up from the February Wordsmith's meeting, ate dinner, and then settled down to watch some more season 10 episodes of the Murdoch Mysteries. About quarter of ten my phone chimed to let me know I had some notifications. I picked it up, saw they were facebook notifications, so went to view them quickly. One was a notification from Chanticleer Reviews that included my facebook page susan buffum-author. It was in regards to the Paranormal Book Awards 2017. I couldn't open it on my phone or view it, so I went and got my laptop and jumped on the internet. I had entered Out in the contest- and there it was! Out has been shortlisted for the award! My novel now moves up to compete for the finalists list.

What is so amazing to me is that this is the second year in a row that one of my novels has been shortlisted in a Chanticleer International Book Awards contest. Last year Black King Takes White Queen had been shortlisted for the OZMA book Award 2016.

Fingers crossed that Out makes the finalists list from which the list of finalists competing for the Grand Prize Winner title will be chosen.

(I went ahead and ordered the silver "shortlisted" stickers for the covers of both novels!)

2 comments: