Monday, April 9, 2018

April 14th Meeting Cancelled

Unfortunately, I have to cancel this Saturday's (April 14th) WhipCity Wordsmiths meeting. I've been fighting an upper respiratory virus since March 31st and learned that it's kicking people's butts for an entire month...not exactly what I wanted to hear. I have not taken any sick time, and work has been insane, therefore, I am exhausted which doesn't help my chances for a speedier recovery.

As was also pointed out to me, my birthday is April 15thso I should have a relaxing weekend (as if!)

April 21st is Articulture2018, so I will be seeing ten of you at this event in the author's room on that Saturday! I've been busy putting together fun author bling bags for the participants this year and am anticipating a fun day among author/poet/writer friends. And hopefully we'll all sell some books while we're there!

Sorry about the short notice of cancellation, and being too sick to even think about sending my usual meeting notification email...way too late for that now anyway.

Watch the blog for the rescheduled meeting. Am hoping to find a date where those who've been unable to attend will have an opportunity to join us.

Meanwhile- if you're in downtown Westfield on Saturday the 21st stop by the Church of the Atonement across from Berkshire Bank on the corner of court and Pleasant Street (rte 202)and say hello and hang out with us for awhile. There'll be lots of new books to look at, lots of awesome art on the lower level, musician playing from noon until six or seven, food trucks on site for yummy goodies, and you might even catch a glimpse of author Kelly Buffum out front on the lawn juggling whatever she decides to bring with her!

Now I'm off to infuse more fluids and distress from the day by writing!

2 comments: