Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I Am so Hopeless at facebook Events!

I had a lot of trouble trying to create simple facebook event for the WhipCity Wordsmiths meeting this coming Sunday that Kelly finally pushed me out of my chair and took over, finishing in less than three minutes. The rule of thumb in this house is Mom doesn't touch the remote, doesn't want to touch the remote, and has no interest in it other than as an object I have to occasionally dust or pick up off the floor when a cat knocks it off the coffee table. I also don't do much other than write and create my books on my computer. What all that other stuff on it is...well, it's really not a major concern of mine. I can post a picture on facebook and edit a post if there's a word not spelled correctly, but beyond that, well, I don't have much in the way of interest in technology. I kind of liked rotary dial phones back in the day because it gave me more opportunity to slam down the receiver and walk away from the phone before someone answered. I still like to write letters on paper, with a pen, that I put into an envelope, have to find an address in an address book  to write on the envelope, and to stick a stamp on the front and place it in the mailbox for the nearly obsolete mailman to pick up and carry away to the post office where its stamp is cancelled, it's sorted and sent on its merry way to someone else's mailbox so they can open their mailbox and find something other than advertising and bills.

Can you tell I just signed, wrote out, addressed, and mailed Christmas cards? Only one person is getting an annual Christmas letter and that is Kelly's kindergarten teacher. This year I typed it and added pictures...rather high tech for me but it was a big year for Kelly that we wanted to share with her former teacher.

The Wordsmiths meeting and Celebration of Good Cheer and Friendship is Sunday, December 16th at 1:30PM at Blue Umbrella Books with refreshments courtesy of Susan, Kelly, and Rhonda to include several kinds of cookies, ginger ale, water, hot chocolate and hot cider. We'll review the group members various accomplishments in 2018 and look ahead to 2019. Join us if able.

No comments:

Post a Comment