Sunday, January 12, 2020

On the Instability of our Home Base

Since the founding of this group we have called Blue Umbrella Books our home base and held all our meetings and author events at that location. As you must all be aware by now, the book shop is in a dire financial crisis and may have to vacate the premises in the near future. If the shop goes under it won't be the first business to do so in downtown Westfield, or anywhere else in this city. (I just heard that Kelly's on route 20 is closing. The site will be utilized for the expansion of the Shortstop Bar & Grill/Planet Fitness complex according to plans I've heard about in the past.

Therefore, I'm looking for suggestions for alternate meeting sites for the group. If you have any suggestions you may message me, post them on the group's facebook page, or comment on the blog. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about both the Blue Umbrella and Kelly's. I like supporting local business and hate to see them fold. But as the Whipcity Writing Group used to meet there, I would like to suggest checking into using the Westfield Athenaeum as a secondary meeting location.

    ReplyDelete