Friday, March 2, 2018

Articulture2018 and the Wordsmiths Presence There

This is the second year that I have been put in charge of lining up the authors who will be promoting their books at Artworks of Westfield's third Articulture event that will take place on Saturday April 21, 2018 at the Church of Atonement on the corners of Court and Pleasant Streets in Westfield. Last year the WhipCity Wordsmiths didn't even exist at this time. Kelly and I co-founded the group in June 2017, and started contacting local authors to see if they'd be interested, but we didn't start holding meetings until September 2017.

Therefore, only 6 months into the Wordsmiths establishing as a group, we have 8, possibly 9, Wordsmiths lined up to appear at Articulture2018. The group has over 130 published works among the members (they can be viewed on the Book Gallery page of the blog). I wish we had the space to accommodate all the published Wordsmiths but I originally was allowed just six spaces. However, this year I pushed the envelope to add 2-3 more authors to give the literary arts more exposure. The artists area has been growing as has the musicians area, so I felt it was only right that the authors have a larger presence at the event this year.

Wordsmiths who will be at Articulture2018 are Kate Anderson, Melissa Volker (and poet Mom Elaine Frankonis who will read poetry during the event), VC Russell (another poet whose daughter Debbie will read during the event), Rhonda Boulette (who will read during the event). Judith 'Sandy' Sessler, Judith Foard-Giucastro (who will feature her book and her late husband's book), Kelly Buffum, and me (Susan Buffum). There may be one more surprise author who was recently made an honorary Wordsmith but I can't say who that will be until I get confirmation that he'll be able to attend. The WhipCity Wordsmiths will make a strong presence at Articulture2018- I have a large stand-up sign and a small banner, and WhipCity Wordsmith "business" cards for every author to have at their table. Kelly and I will have information and applications at our table for anyone who might be interested in joining.

If there are any other Wordsmiths who may be interested in this event, please contact me- you can read at the event or promote your books. I can push the envelope a little more and squeeze another author or two in if I can- a few authors with one or two books can share table space.

Hope to see as many of you as can make it to the March 17th Wordsmith meeting!


No comments:

Post a Comment