Thursday, August 2, 2018

It's August!

The summer is flying past at alarming speed! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine between rainstorms.

My energy has been at a new all time low this summer. I have been working on a new novel, and would like to write another anthology of stories once the new novel is finished, but there have been a lot of distractions in my life since Kelly became a homeowner on July 10th.

With rheumatoid arthritis flares come massive fatigue, brain fog, lack of ability to concentrate. I have always been a high energy person, but for the past few years the progression of RA had been kicking my butt. I am still working 36-hours a week whereas many people at this level of RA would already be on disability. I refuse to do that. I push myself and keep going, knowing that if I give up I will simply freeze up (joints will get worse) and I will go crazy with frustration. So I work all week, and try to keep busy writing or drawing when I get home from work until bedtime (or beyond). On weekends I do housework, run errands and continue writing projects and art work. I have never been a person who can just sit and do nothing. It's not in my nature. Since Kelly bought her house I have also been over there helping her with cleaning projects. Her father is helping her paint ceilings. I bought her new pruning shears, but I had to go out and trim one of the bushes in her front yard because it was driving me crazy!

Anyway- I hope that some writing is being done among fun summer activities. I sat and did a read through of the now over 120,000 word novel (that's not quite finished yet) and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I need to add some things and eliminate others to tighten it up, like I did with The Clockmaker's Son. I really can't describe what it's about but it does have a ghost in it, but it's primarily about two young people who have been damaged by family members (both have PTSD). They bear the names of their ancestors, who were once secret lovers but whose lives ended tragically less than six months apart back in the 1870's. History is sort of repeating itself in the present time, however, they're determined to bring about a happy ever after in this day and age (or as close to it as they can come.)

I'll be setting the September meeting date soon, posting it here on the blog and sending it via an email. See you soon when meetings resume!


1 comment:

  1. Beastly hot and humid for me with Heart issues, thank goodness for central air in the house. Looking forward to FALL and less humidity.
    Still plugging away on the 2nd edition of my Genealogy. Basically having to re-enter all data into new software program. Leaning to use it as I go. Luckily I have first edition and old software running allowing me to easily transfer data to new program. But with 23,000 plus individuals in the data base some distant cousins will have to be eliminated in 2nd edition. MY Complusive inclusion habits have finally caught up with reality!!!

    ReplyDelete