Thursday, November 22, 2018

Oh the backlog of books!

Books. Books. Books!

I love reading books and enjoy sharing my thoughts and opinions about them on Goodreads.

The thing is, as soon as I finish one book, the next book has such a strong pull on me that the review of the previous read gets delayed, and delayed, and delayed .... until the reviews pile up and my thoughts about each book fade, losing some of my detailed impressions and emotional attachments.

This stresses me out!

I recently finished The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter, a dark, raw and gritty story set in the seedy underbelly of Atlanta, a relentlessly intense narrative that easily earned my four star rating. Instead of immediately crafting my thoughts about the story and posting my review, I put the book aside and jumped right into The Scions of Atlantis, Claudia Turner's follow up to her debut novel Scars and Stripes Forever.  Thank you Claudia for allowing me the opportunity to read your manuscript ... riveting so far!

So, my docket of book reviews to be written and posted include:

The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
Talk To Me by Sonia K. Ellis
The Assignment by Lindsay Stenico
Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
The Long and Faraway Gone by Lou Berney

I know the ratings. I know the stories. I just need to get writing. Perhaps the Thanksgiving weekend is the perfect time!

BTW ..,. Happy Thanksgiving!
   

2 comments:

  1. Bill-
    I appreciate you taking the time to read my book. Hope it keeps you riveted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your review Bill, and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete