Monday, November 26, 2018

Warm Welcome to our New Wordsmiths!

I just want to take a moment to welcome our two new WhipCity Wordsmiths- Claudia Turner and Joseph Seal. Both authors joined this month. Kelly and I are happy to have them in the group.

Claudia is the author of Scars and Stripes Forever, a modern day thriller set against the backdrop of the JFK assassination. I met her at PumpkinFest in downtown Westfield in October, but unfortunately didn't have an opportunity to speak with her at length, however, I did buy a copy of her book. Bill Westerlind provided her the Wordsmiths info and she contacted me. She attended the November 17th meeting.

I met our other new Wordsmith, Joseph Seal, when he held an author event at Blue Umbrella Books to promote and discuss his first book, a novella entitled The 100-Year Wind in which an evil Shaman seeks revenge on his village by cursing it with a deadly 100-year wind. Joseph is also an artist and did the artwork for the cover and interior of his book. He is a young man with a passion for writing and creating magnificent stories.

I'm glad to see the group growing and transforming with every meeting into the type of group I wanted it to be- a friendly enclave of writers, authors and others who share a passion for the written word and are willing to support one another, share their knowledge, instruct, critique and beta read for one another, and help one another grow as writers. The group is like a battery writers and authors can plug into to recharge their batteries. I know that's how I feel at the end of every meeting- reenergized and ready to write!

Welcome Claudia! Welcome Joseph!

Kelly will be adding info to the Author bio and book gallery pages for Joseph when she has a spare moment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your welcome! I look forward to being part of the group!

    ReplyDelete