Friday, November 23, 2018

The Kept Woman ... WOW!

I woke up this Friday morning determined to tackle my backlog of book reviews. I finished my review of Karin Slaughter's The Kept Woman. Oh my ... this thing is dark and illicit, absolutely zero sunlight in this story of a murder in an abandon construction site with ties to big money, professional athletes and gang rape. Certainly not for the faint of heart! My review can be found on Goodreads.






Next review... Talk To Me by Westfield author Sonia K. Ellis.

Current reading ... The Scions of Atlantis by Claudia Turner. I am up to page 74 ... Claudia's weave of the current divisive political climate in the nation, USA intelligence agencies and a retro 1960's hippe-esque social activist movement is as captivating and intriguing as the mention of legitimate third parties to stand up against Democratic and Republican Party domination (and corruption???). Brings back pleasant nostalgic feelings of growing up in the 1960s and the enthusiasm of positive change in the air! 

No comments:

Post a Comment