Saturday, June 10, 2017

Applications Available for Membership

A simple Application form is available for membership consideration. I will have a local group that meets once a month and will post about these monthly meetings on the blog in case someone cannot attend, but if there are writers/authors in other localities interested in being a part of the WhipCity Wordsmiths (ie you have a friend in the group and you also write but you don't live in the area, or you don't have an author group near you and want to be a part of a group but other groups won't let you in, etc.) the group as a whole will consider all applications. Right now, it will be me and Kelly as we're the only two members. As each new member is added they will be included in the decision making process, with majority by vote deciding. When you complete your application and submit it, please be as thorough and honest as you can be. If you haven't published anything, that's fine. It you want to send a sample of your writing along with you application, fantastic. If you have absolutely no writing experience, but want to write because you have a passion for the written word, that's okay, too. I'm a pretty flexible person.

Applications can be obtained, at the moment, by contacting me by email at sebuffum415@gmail.com and requesting one. Applications can be sent as an email attachment, or via snail mail. If you want one by mail, please include a valid mailing address. I'll send the application and a stamped return address envelope.

There has been a surprising amount of interest in the group so I will continue moving forward, however I work full time and have my own writing projects to pay attention to, and an occasional event to attend. When I get everything all worked out and set up I expect the WhipCity Wordsmiths to be up and running in September. There are a lot of people taking vacations, traveling, involved in summer activities, etc. so I'm looking toward a first meeting after Labor Day. 

Membership is in its soft application stage- if you're interested and want to join, just let me know by email as previously stated. There is a membership card in the works as well...should have them in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment